Do you really need that Crown?
Dental Crowns In Newcastle for Your Teeth’s Support
You may have had this experience…
You’ve broken a reasonably big filling – it feels pretty big to your tongue anyway!
You make an appointment with your dentist and you’re told you need a dental crown.
Do you REALLY need a crown?
There are a few things to consider at this stage:
- Does the tooth have a crack or some other form of structural defect that renders it high risk for failure – therefore necessitating a dental crown.
- Has the tooth had root canal therapy?
- Are there other teeth in your mouth that require work? – if there are… maybe we should just fill this tooth and use some of the money you would have spent on a crown to ‘sure up’ some of your other teeth.
- Does the tooth have deep decay or a very deep filling? This tooth may require root canal therapy in the future – meaning that we may need to cut a big hole through the crown in the near future to do the root canal therapy. Best to cut that big hole through a filling… complete the root canal therapy and then place dental crowns once we know the tooth is stable.
- Is the filling just moderate size… but still amenable – in the hands of a good operator – to the placement of a new filling that is strong, cosmetically pleasing and comfortable.
Situations 3, 4 and 5 are ALL suitable for one of our Belle Dental CRC crowns.
- can be completed in 1 appointment
- are strong
- are matched to your tooth colour
- 1/2 to 1/3 the fee for a traditional dental crown – you can save money!
Here are some examples of Belle Dental CRC crowns we have done lately.